March 25, 2023

 25. March 2023

“Everything will be all right in the end. If it’s not all right, it is not yet the end.”

Simit Patel said that, Hotel Manager in the movie "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel”.

A bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you die.
This is the end of our journey. The end of a dream, of a bucket list dream. "Before I die, I want to make this trip." - that's what I said. And thanks to my family, to my wife Susanne, and thanks to my friend Omar and to his wife Katrin, this trip became reality. This blog was my way of sharing my story and of expressing my gratitude to all of you that participated in the journey, one way or the other.
I am grateful to all the people, that helped us on this trip and that offered their hospitality. The hospitality in Morocco was overwhelming, in particular the love and care we received from Omar's relatives and friends. Thanks to all of you, again. It was an honor to meet you and to be a guest under your roof. My thanks also go to our friends in Los Montesinos, to Bernd and Brigitte who got us the garage for the bikes and looked after me in times of acute illness, and to Mark and Isabell who looked after our house.

I just scanned through hundreds of pictures of this trip, and I picked just a few that emotionally touch me to this very moment. Here they are.



































































And here the final closing comment from Omar:
I will miss this time Pete and I wish we could just stay on the road to provide all the followers with new updates from our adventures…. We are more than happy to have now comes to the end of our travel without any damage or dangerous accidents…it was unbelievable and beautiful experience with so much amazing time… thanks a lot Pete and all our hosts and all my friends and family for the support. Big hugs




No comments:

Post a Comment

 25. March 2023 “Everything will be all right in the end. If it’s not all right, it is not yet the end.” Simit Patel said that, Hotel Manage...