March 22, 2023

21.03.2023

From Malaga we moved on to Los Montesinos. We had a great breakfast at this simple and friendly hotel, and then we packed all our cases and stuff, for the last time, onto our bikes. The trip was wonderful. The weather was beautiful, quite chilly though. Driving in Spain on the autobahn is really relaxed. The people behave, no aggression, no horn-blowing, the speed limit is adhered to, it is just great fun.

For lunch, we had a stop at the restaurante MIRAS off the autobahn Autovía del Mediterráneo, 5, Km 618, 30850 Lébor Alto, Murcia. Nice place, friendly personnel, good tapas, very reasonable prices.

The whole trip we were dependent on Omar's two iPhones as he still had capacity on them. My Spanish contract did't cover Morocco, and my German provider 1und1 told me that my data volume is finished. They offered my an upgrade for a ridiculously high price. So, Omar had the lead all the time. Now, being back in Spain, my phone worked again and I could take some burden off Omar by leading. Also, it was a kind of coming home. Actually, I couldn't way to come back to our house in Montesinos.

And, finally, we made it. I had imagined the quietness of our veranda, the good smell in the house and just sitting there, quietly, winding down. And so it was. Now, that everything was quiet, the impressions of the last few weeks came back like a tsunami. It was wonderful.
My helmet covered with insect victims from todays trip.

The Schuberth helmet was worth every single penny. As Omar has the same helmet, we were able to communicate all the time. To set up communication, it is very advisable to download the Schuberth app and use that for setting up the connection. Using the plas / mins buttons for that is a pain in the back.


The downturn of the day was, that first of all the logistics company that Omar had a contract with told us that they can't make it. Really bad business practice, because this came only out after I called them, asking if they have room for a second bike on that truck.

The second unfortunate thing was that I had a strong stomach pain already the whole day. Arriving at home, I had pretty bad diarrhea. We just made it in time to get home, for me then spending extended times in the bathroom ...

Brigitte, our friend here, jumped into action, drove to the pharmacy and brought medication. Omar worked out alternatives to get the bike to Bardowick. In the evening, he told me that he will drive home, alone. I felt so sorry, as this is quite a trip on top of what we planned. 

But the weather here is great, so, the first few tracks should be OK. 









The pain is Germany. We still have winter there. Unbearable. My family tells me that it is cold, it rains and there is a lot of fog.

That is why I love it here.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 25. March 2023 “Everything will be all right in the end. If it’s not all right, it is not yet the end.” Simit Patel said that, Hotel Manage...